Percipient put finance at the heartbeat of hospitality.
Celebrating 15 years in business, Percipient are pioneers in the implementation of enterprise management solutions for the hospitality sector.
Our projects range from a collection of premium holiday retreats to leading multi-chain hotels and single site luxury hotels and spas. Whilst our customers may differ in size and audience, we’ve found that they have all faced similar pain points when it comes to their finance systems.
Hospitality finance system challenges:
- The inflexibility of existing finance systems
- Lengthy inputs of data from Excel
- A lack of insight across product portfolio’s
- The inability to adequately report across multiple lines of business
- The difficulty in integrating with some of the more modern front of house systems
- Issues with legacy systems that have been outgrown by the business
- A lack of compliance which exposes the business to risk
- Consolidated group profit and loss
Aligning Sage with the USALI
Implementing a modern ERP system like Sage X3 made solving these challenges a straightforward process for the Percipient team. But we recognised that in addition to simply addressing the pain points of our customers, we also needed to align our solution to meet global industry compliance.
This recognition started us on a journey. Talking to industry experts, we wanted to ensure that the foundation on which we implement our systems, aligned with the requirements of the accounting standard for hospitality.
The Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry (USALI) provides a consistent approach for finance professionals to report on the financial activities of a hotel in a globally uniform manner. It also provides metrics to value and benchmark properties and businesses, as well as standard opening statements and departmental schedules.
Sage X3 For Hospitality
We built our Sage X3 solution for the hospitality industry from the ground up.
Breaking down the barriers of international trade, our systems provide a commonality to internal processes and enable users to easily compare the performance of individual hotels and cost centres.
We’ve ensured our systems compliance not only to the USALI but also the Making Tax Digital (MTD) initiative that’s due to be enforced from April 2019, IFRS16 and future proofed against the economic uncertainty surrounding international trade in light of Brexit.
Based on the USALI, our Sage X3 solution has been adopted by many leading hospitality brands looking to put finance at the centre of their operations.
Colin Moore, Finance Manager of Galgorm Spa & Golf Resort said “We embarked on a journey to bring technology to the forefront of how we do business. Integral to this process was ensuring our finance system at the heartbeat of the company, is modern, flexible and scalable to future proof our business. We selected Percipient to implement Sage X3 for this reason, coupled with their knowledge of the hospitality industry.”
Recognised benefits of Sage X3:
- Simplified profit and cost control across multiple lines of business to form one unified source of the truth
- The ability to easily change and adapt to evolving requirements of the hotel business
- The ease of integration with with the latest industry technology
- Inter-company reporting aggregation
- It’s a modern, intuitive and flexible system
- Support of property acquisition and business growth
- Full control of inventory
- The cloud based deployments have eased the challenges of managing and administering locally hosted solutions
Providing Clear Business Insight
We’re proud to be recognised as a leading supplier of ERP systems for the hospitality industry. Our proven record of successful project implementation and ongoing support services means you can be confident in our ability to deliver the best solution for your needs.
Contact us for more information on our work in hospitality or call the team directly on 01606 871332 to discuss your needs in more detail.