We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.percipient.co.uk (“the Site”). We will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
We are committed to protecting your privacy.
Definitions and Interpretation
- “Account” means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of the Site
- “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by the Site when you visit certain parts of the Site and/or when you use certain features of the Site
- “Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
- “Personal Data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”
- “We/Us/Our” means Percipient Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 04812795, whose registered address is 10 Cheshire Avenue, Cheshire Business Park, Lostock Gralam Cheshire CW9 7UA
- The Site is owned and operated by us
- Our VAT number is GB817939780
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you (we only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained below but if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us using the details within this Notice)
- The right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to reuse with another service or organisation); The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided in this notice and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
What Data Do We Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data from you:
- Company name
- Job title
- Contact information such as address, business email address and telephone numbers
- IP address
- Web browser type and version, operating system and referring sites when using www.percipient.co.uk
How We Use Your Information
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, or because it is in our legitimate interests.
Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to the Site
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on the Site
- Supplying our products and/or services to you
- Personalising and tailoring our products and/or services for you
- Replying to emails from you
- Market research
- Analysing your use of our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve the Site and your user experience
- To better understand how people, interact with our website, email marketing and employees
We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by business email, telephone, or post with information, news and offers on our products and services.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Whenever we process data for our legitimate interest, we always keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of these rights.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following basis):
- When personal data is no longer required, all reasonable steps will be taken to erase or otherwise dispose of it without delay
- User-level and event-level data associated with cookies, user-identifiers (e.g., User-ID) and advertising identifiers are retained for 26 months. The retention period of the user identifier is reset with each new event from that user
Percipient Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices.
Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
Your data will only be stored in the UK.
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected.
Will Percipient Share My Personal Data?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Percipient Limited in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfill the service they provide you on our behalf.
When they no longer need your data to fulfill this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Percipient Limited’s procedures. We will never pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
What Information Will You Hold About Me?
Percipient Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed.
If we personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data
- Contact details of the GDPR owner, where applicable
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Percipient Limited or a third party, information about those interests
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to
- How long the data will be stored
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing
Percipient Ltd accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Driving license
Use of Google Tracking
Percipient Ltd also uses 3rd party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies, including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on the Google Content Network (GCN). As always we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other 3rd party remarketing system.
Use of Facebook Pixel
We use the ‘visitor action pixels’ from Facebook Inc (1 Hacker Way, Menio Park, CA 94025, USA, or if you are based in the EU, Facebook Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland (‘Facebook’) on our website.
This allows user behaviour to be tracked after they have been redirected to the provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook Ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data is collected in this way is anonymous to us i.e. we do not see the personal data of individual users. However, this data is stored and process by Facebook, which is why we are informing you, based on our knowledge of the situation. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes. In accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy. You can allow Facebook and its partners to place ads on and off Facebook. A cookie may also be stored on your computer for these purposes.
The legal basis for the use of this service is Art.6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter GDPR. You can object to the collection of your data by Facebook Pixel, or the use of your data for the purpose of displaying Facebook Ads by contacting the following address: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads
Facebook is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus guarantees compliance with European Data Protection legislation.
We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.